This statement discloses the privacy practices for the DESIrE website. We respect the privacy of those individuals who visit and use our site and therefore have adopted a set of information management guidelines, which are the foundation of our user relationships. These guidelines have been developed with the recognition that Internet technologies are rapidly evolving. Accordingly, guidelines are subject to change. Any such changes will immediately be posted on this page.
We may occasionally change this statement, so please review it from time to time. We last amended this statement in January 2017.
Purpose of data collection
The DESIrE consortium partners fully respect your rights to privacy and will not collect any personal information without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer when you visit our website through e-mail alerts or when using our online feedback forms will be treated with the highest standard of security and confidentiality. This is as required by EU Data Protection rules set forth by Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. We may on occasion collect personally identifiable information, provided by our users, for the purpose of event organisation and dissemination of the project findings.
For general web browsing, certain information is recorded in the website log files which will include:
- The top level domain name from which you access the internet
- The IP address of the computer/mobile device from which you access the website
- The date and time each computer/mobile device accesses the website
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded by each computer/mobile device
- The type and version of the browsers being used to access the website
- The addresses of any third party web-pages which refer visitors to our website
- Keywords used in search engines and directories to find our website
- Keywords and phrases used to search our website
We use this information:
- To allow us properly respond to your queries
- To find out how many people are visiting the website
- To identify what pages are accessed more frequently
- To help us improve the information we are supplying to our users
- To make our site more user friendly
What we don’t do (under any circumstances):
- Link IP address to anything personally identifiable
- Share the information we collect on this site, in any form with advertisers or other parties
- Release personal information about any individual visitorThe DESIrE consortium is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of external web sites to which we may link. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave this website.
The DESIrE consortium is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of external web sites to which we may link. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave this website.
Further questions regarding this statement should be directed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org